140 moorings, extensive on site repair, refit and maintenance with storage ashore for vessels up to 40 feet in length.
Under new management and ownership
The Rice & Cole Boatyard is ‘just’ one half of our business; but it’s still very much recognised by the serious yachtsman as being among the best yards along England’s glorious east coast.
Visitors love returning here again and again, to a boatyard that offers boating devotees everything they need to enjoy sailing, and to keep their racing or cruising boat(s) in tiptop condition:
- River moorings (deep water & full tide swinging moorings) on the River Crouch in Essex
- Yacht repairs, maintenance and restoration of both traditional wooden boats and GRP composite boats
- Race preparation & support
- Rigging, ropes and splicing made to order
- Marine Engineering and Electronics
- Environmentally controlled spray shop onsite, accredited and approved by leading paint manufacturer Akzo Nobel with applicator of Awlgrip, Epifanes and International Paints
- Cranage up to 5-tonne lift capacity
- Hull finishing including antifouling, osmosis treatment, gelcoat, polishing offering a number of high performance underwater finishes with a mobile service where we’ll come to you
As well as…
- Free launch service
- Floating pontoon with fresh water and electricity
- Storage ashore on hardstanding and undercover
- Toilet & shower block with laundry facilities for visiting yachtsmen
- Yacht valeting
- Yacht brokerage
Pay less, but get more
Avoid the often-astronomical cost of sheltered moorings, by opting for tidal moorings at Rice & Cole instead.
Here, you’ll find everything you’d expect from a first-class boatyard, whilst also enjoying the wonderful convenience of having comfortable accommodation ashore.
For further information about any of our boatyard services, or to discuss your refit or repair project in more detail, please don’t hesitate to contact us – we’d love to hear from you!